WE MAY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
Information you give us
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain information about you.
This includes any information (including personal information) that you provide to us directly, whether through our website or via phone, text messages, social media, fax or any other medium. This includes, but is not limited to, information you provide to us:
– when you sign-up for an account or when you subscribe or register to use services on our website;
– when you enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey;
– when you purchase any of our products;
– when you contact us or when you otherwise provide information directly to us;
– when you use our website.
Information we collect or receive when you use our website
We collect information when you use our website through various means, this may include by using cookies and other tracking technologies. You can manage or disable cookies in your browser settings. Depending on how you access and use our website, we may receive or collect:
– log information (information about your interactions with our website and other services you use, the time and date of your visit, the time spend on a page, the pages you visit, or the content you view and the search queries you submit);
– device information (the type of device you’re using, how you access our website,
your browser type, browser version, or operating system, diagnostic data and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address);
– location information (your device’s GPS signal and information about nearby WiFi networks and cell towers). We get this information when you use location-enabled services. You can disable location services when you use or website, through your device settings.
Information from third-party sources
We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways. We may also receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services while using our website.
WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
• to provide you with information, products or services you request from us;
• to improve and maintain our website and product or services;
• to provide you with support;
• to communicate with you;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so;
• to monitor the usage of our website;
• to provide effective advertising (provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer, that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about).
WE WILL ONLY SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
We may share your information with:
– our affiliates, in other words, other companies in our group;
– third parties, where we share anonymised data and reports (non personally identifiable information);
– other parties in response to legal process, laws, or when necessary to conduct or protect our legal rights;
– other parties in connection with certain business transactions (in the event that we restructure or sell any of our businesses or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets or other transacting party);
– companies that provide services to us (companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have access to information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive in the course of providing services to us or you).
– We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by using any of the various “opt-out” options that we will always provide to you when we communicate with you. We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you service-related messages.
We want to make sure that any data we hold about you is up to date. So if you think your personal information is inaccurate, you can ask us to correct or remove it.
MONITORING OF COMMUNICATIONS
We may monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations. Information which we collect may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about the products and services you use or ask us about, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
RETENTION OF DATA
TRANSFER OF DATA
We are based in and operate from South Africa. Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to and maintained on servers located outside of your country of residence, where the data privacy laws, regulations and standards, may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence.
– We might transfer your personal information to places outside of South Africa and store it there, where our suppliers might process it. If that happens, we require our suppliers to apply the same security standards as when we process your information in South Africa.
– Your use of our website, followed by your submission of information to us, represents your consent to such transfer.
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. However, we do employ a number of safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure of your information. We will do our best to protect your personal information and we will use up to date technology that will help us to do this. We will at all times comply with our obligation under applicable law.
PAYMENTS SERVICE PROVIDERS
We use third-party services for payment processing.
We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our
third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their privacy
Our payment processors adhere to the standards set by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected personal information of Children, we will destroy that information.